Friday, January 8, 2010

January 2010 Workshop

It's amazing how good you feel when you get a group of gals together to do some stamping. This past week has just been horrible. It was so bad I was on the verge of canceling today's workshop. I just didn't think I had it in me to pull myself together and do some stamping, but I'm so very glad I did. Stamping is like therapy and then when you add some good friends its empowering! I'm starting to think maybe stamps should be covered under some kind of medical prescription. LOL
So anyways lets get to the projects we made today!
This first project I found online somewhere. (I'm not very good at giving credit to the originators. My apologies) It's just beautiful. The ladies were feeling a little intimidated by the sponged effects under the large flower but were soooo proud of themselves when they found how easy it was. Stamps we used here are the Pocket Silhouettes and the Whimsical Words (from the sale a bration mini). We also used the big shot die called Flowers Layers #3 (pg202 in the catty) and Flower Layers w/Leaf (pg199 in the catty) along with the Backgrounds 1 texture plates.

Super cute box made using the A Happy Heart stamp set. Here my box shows the scalloped edge on the lid but I had the ladies use the new Scallop Trim Border punch that is in the sale a bration mini. The punch gave the edge a little more of an elegant look to it. Great box to give some yummy treats to your valentine.

This card was made using the tri fold technique. We used the stamp set called Love You Much.

This card I first saw at a demo night that I go to where several of us demonstrators get together and share ideas and have like a workshop for ourselves. The original one that I received has a heart punched in place of the circle that I have on here. I think that the heart gives it more of a valentine feel I just haven't acquired that punch yet so I improvised and I think it came out ok. We used the new roller from the Occasions mini called I {Love} Love along with Well Scripted set, also in the mini. Before stamping the Love you much sentiment on the pretty in pink circle we used a dauber to add some sparkle with the shimmer white paint. We also used another texture plate from the backgrounds 1 package.

I hope you have enjoyed the cards we created today at my workshop and hope that one day you will join us for some "therapy" and fun. Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment