Friday, March 6, 2009

Tomorrow's workshop

Hi Everyone,
I'm posting early because I wont be home Sunday to post the awesome projects we will be making tomorrow at my workshop. It's going to be a very small group so I'm very confident I won't be ruining the surprise for anyone by posting the cards early.
Enjoy!!
This card is right now my favorite! I went looking for a technique to try that I havent yet done and came across the Shadow Box technique. I originally thought to use the Under The Stars Stamp set but then realized it would be really cute with the Just Buzzin By set. Practically everything has dimensionals on it which I believe just comes with making a Shadow Box card. If you dont use the dimensionals you dont get all the shadow effects. The colors I used are Summer Sun, Very Vanilla, Creamy Caramel and Old Olive. I used More Mustard ink on the Summer Sun paper because I felt I wanted the flowers to stand out more than the summer sun ink was providing.

I wanted to work with the color blue because it seems its been awhile since I've used it. I have tons of blue paper that just looks at me begging to become part of a project. I have a hard time working with it though for whatever reason. So after digging around online I found one that inspired me. So here it is. It uses the stamps from the Upsy Daisy set. The colors are the in color blues of Baja Breeze and Pacific Point along with the neutral Whisper White. I also used the new Eyelet Border punch that I absolutely love. It just creates a beautiful addition to almost any card.


I used the Inspired By Nature stampset on this little notebook. I used the finger daubers to apply color to the stamp. The colors used were Always artichoke, Summer Sun, Basic brown. I found when working with vellum that the black stazon works best to get a good clean stamped image.



This card uses the That's Funny stampset. The color combo I used was Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla and Creamy Caramel. I also used a piece of DSP from the Candy Lane collection.













1 comment:

  1. Love the cards, especially the shadow box card! Your work is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete