Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May 2010 Workshop

Our May workshop was primarily for father's day with the exception of one technique project.

This finished card measures the standard 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. We used the large oval punch for the arm holes and back collar. Then the pockets were made using the small and large tag punch. The name tag was created using the word window punch. Some eyelets and twine for the closure and a cute little fishing lure from the local store for a little embellishment. This card is ready for that great fishing dad!
Got a dad or hubby that golfs? This is a perfect little card for them. I used the And Many Mower set from the now expired Occasions mini. Using blender pens I colored the image in using some of the In Colors.

Here is our technique project. Of course they got more than this but this is all I am left with since I gave my box away. What we did was cut a Fancy favor box with the bigshot. Assembled it added some razzleberry polka dotted ribbon and two of these super cute pansies made from 2 punched butterflies. Make sure when making your very own pansies that you use the Stampin Up shimmer paper. The regular card stock just doesn't work. The ink refills I used here were the Rich Razzleberry and Summer Sun.

And finally the last card we created. And as I am sitting here looking at this picture this one I made for a different occasion. I see now the sentiment on this one says Thinking of you but on the one we did for the workshop it said Happy Father's Day. But that's the only difference. The colors and everything else is exactly the same. A very versatile card. The stamp set used to create this card is the Lovely as a Tree set. I highly recommend this set as it it perfect for sooo many occasions. The Thinking of you stamp came from the Level 3 hostess set called Kind & Caring Thoughts. Another great set!!


Well that's it. That's all I have for you today. I hope you enjoyed the projects we created at the May workshop. If you have any questions please email or if you would like to join us for a workshop our next one will be in July. Having to miss the June one because we are going to a take a well deserved vacation. So until then thanks for looking and Happy Stamping!!



No comments:

Post a Comment